- High R-value (R-5 per inch of product thickness).*
- Minimum compressive strength of 25 psi.
- Effective resistance against moisture, mildew, corrosion and rot.
- Ease of handling and installation (lightweight, tough, rigid foam panels).
- Easy to saw, cut and score FOAMULAR is ideal for below grade applications. Extruded polystyrene (XPS) is resistant to degradation from material common to most soils and will retain its insulating performance characteristics even after prolonged exposure to moisture.
- Performs below grade in perimeter and foundation applications, or directly beneath the concrete slab to complement the insulating sheathing envelope around the building framing.
- Meets HUD/FHA Use of Materials Bulletin No. 71a and ASTM C 578 Type IV